Inspect our work…
From custom kits to reference standards, eddy current to ultrasonic, our meticulous craftsmanship is put to the test by the biggest names in the aviation industry. Look closer at any of our work. What you’ll find is some of the very best in the business.
General Purpose Kit
As featured in the May 2015 Materials Evaluation magazine.
The FAA and their international counterparts are in the process of establishing new, or tightening existing guidelines for aviation NDT inspection tool boxes. Aerofab NDT has created the “Custom General Purpose NDT Kit,” to meet the exacting requirements for general purpose inspections.
Custom made to fit your specific needs, the following is a sample of what this box contains:
• Eddy Current – An assortment of 17 differential & reflection spot probes, universal rotary probes, and surface probes.
• Ultrasonic – An assortment of 18 ultrasonic probes in various sizes in AQ (Aircraft Quality) Steel and AQ Aluminum.
• Reference Standards – Custom 12-hole standards in AL, SS and TI, a custom low frequency standard, mini angle beam blocks in SS and AL.
• Cables & Adaptors – Available as needed for the instruments you use.
• Kit and Accessories – Pelican 500 Kit Box with custom foam cut outs to accommodate our parts and your instruments and color coded to highlight missing items, aerospace approved flashlights, tool tray, USB flash drive with all required certifications, custom plaque with kit box serial number and name. This kit is locking and on wheels.
Electronic Discharge Machining (EDM) is an integral part of our reference standard manufacturing process where we create defects (notches) required by aircraft manufacture drawings using both a wire and sinker EDM machines. Through this process we have developed unique and sophisticated EDM skills and we are often called upon to do custom EDM work that cannot be done elsewhere.